Monday 21 November 2011

Font Ideas

These are some of the fonts I chose that I think would make good fonts for my magazine's masthead. I have also written what I like and don't like about them and why would they be good or not as font for the masthead.





 I like this font because it flows and has a surreal look. But I think it would be too hard for people to see off the shelves because it’s not that bold. It also looks a bit too feminine, and my magazine is aimed more at men. This means if they see the magazine’s cover, it might not appeal to them as much.


I like this font because it’s bold and has a more rocky feel. It would be easier to spot of the shelves and I think it would appeal to men which are my primary target audience. But I think that this font to more suitable for heavy metal magazines and does not fit my magazines personalty like I would want it to.




 I like this font because it stands out well and has a rough, slightly violent feel. It has a similar look to Kerrang magazine but the scratchy texture is less severe. I think this would appeal to my target audience and has that rebelliouse rock n roll attitude. But it looks a bit too square and doesn’t have it’s own charater which could cause readers to get bored of it.



I like this font because it’s similar to the first font, but it’s bolder and has a more rough effect. I think this would appeal to both the male and female audience without appearing too feminine.  My only concern is that it might not bold be enough to catch attention and the effect on the text makes it a bit hard to read by taking out parts of the letter.


I chose this font because it is bold and would stand out well on shelves. I think it would appeal well to the target audience and has the right style that would fit in well with my magazine. The rough effect is just the right amount so that it doesn’t make the text less readable and I like that the ‘E’ looks like its being pushed out. However I wonder if this font might appeal a bit too metal music instead of rock, but I still find it attractive.



I chose this font because I think the style of the text is what I would like my magazine to have.  I like the style of the ‘A’ and the overall rough and worn out effect of the text makes the font achieve an attitude. I think I would appeal well to my male target audience and just enough to the female target audience. The effect on the text could be a little too much and I don’t like the ‘A’ being solid but that may help to make the text stand out.

No comments:

Post a Comment