Wednesday 23 November 2011

Music Questionnaires Analysed

After giving out all of my questionnaires, I got them all back and analysed the results.
I discovered that my target audience, besides from liking rock, another popular choice was POP, metal, indie and R&B so maybe my magazine can occasionally stray away to artists that are in rock and some of the other preferred genres. I also discovered that some of the most popular types of rock were alternative rock, hard rock and soft rock so maybe I could give my magazine a slightly rough but cool feel for the brand identity.


From 1-10, music affects my target audience life on average of about 7, so I know music does play a role in my target audiences' lives and moods, if not a major one. It also shows my target audience have a genuine interests and passion in music and would enjoy my magazine.


As for favourite artists, there is a wide variety amongst my target audience, but one thing is definitely clear, that the reason why the audience like those artists is either because the artists inspire the audience with their music and make them feel special or reflect their personality, or the audience likes the band's uniqueness  or the strong meaning behind the lyrics. Some of the most popular choices were 


I also found out the half of my questioned audience play an instrument. Most commonly guitars, bass and drums. I could possibly have adds for best places to buy quality instruments. 


I discovered that my target audience attend gigs either frequently or sometimes. Some of my target audience don't always have time to attend them, and some say that live music is usually not as good. But people who get the chance to attend like the fact that you get to hear live music and be with friends in an exiting. They also like that you get to meet the bands face to face and meet like minded people at the gigs.  


I also discovered that my target audience on average read music magazines sometimes and that they are willing to pay anywhere from £2.50 - £5.00 for a quality music magazine. I can use this information to set a price for my magazine.


My results show that the main things my audience enjoy about music magazines are the articles,  music news, photos and freebies. I will use this information and turn them into possible sell lines I can display on my cover e.g free posters/CD. I can also use this information in the contents page to decide how many pages to do on each or the features.


Lastly, I found out that the features of a magazine that are most likely to grab the audiences attention are a mixture of the title, the main image, colours used and text. I will make sure that my magazine cover has colours that can stand out and text that can grab peoples interests. I will also make the main image look as professional as I can and the same will go for my mast head, which will be made big and bold so it can stand out well.


Hopefully this information I have gathered will help me in improving my design for my 3 pieces.

No comments:

Post a Comment