Thursday 15 December 2011

Magazine Cover Final

This is my final version of my music magazine cover. I have kept many of the features I drew on my mock-up, but I either changed the positions of some of those features e.g. the upper banner, or I added something that I was not planning on. I got the idea for the banners from 'Kerrang', but instead of showing offers, my banner shows the different artists that my magazine is celebrating. I also played around with the colours for some of the text and the text's background to see if any combination would help text stand out more whilst still looking good in the overall frame. The colour of the background I got inspired by an issue of 'Kerrang' with an image of the Foo Fighters on the cover. I think this rich colour is simple and beautiful, but it dose not take any attention away from the main image. I included smaller related images on the cover like they are sometimes included on the cover of NME. I was hoping this would give audiences something like a teaser so they would want to know more about what is inside the magazine. For the main sell-line, I wanted it to grab peoples attention by using the word exclusive and using all big bold letter. The spiky effect I added because it gives the impression that this information exploding and would make my audience want to find out what is so special about this particular sell line. I added a puff in a shape of a guitar pick to remind the audience that this is a rock magazine because you often see guitarists using picks.

I also added the bar code at the bottom corner like in most magazines to make it look more professional and more realistic. I chose this particular font for the title because the feedback I received from my target audience  liked this font best out of my chosen ideas. I made sure the title was bit and would stand out well by putting it on a contrasting background like other magazines like 'Rock Sound' do. I was also taking into account the feedback I received from the questionnaire by making the masthead and main image the main things that grab attention.


No comments:

Post a Comment